- SQA Specimen Papers and marking instructions
- useful SQA past papers and marking instructions, with questions listed
- school websites with helpful course content and revision activities
- revision materials on BBC Bitesize, YouTube and to teacher blogs.
Education Scotland have supported Stòrlann Nàiseanta na Gàidhlig with a resource pack for Gaelic Medium Education to develop learning on the Commonwealth Games.
The pack includes
- ·posters illustrating the Commonwealth flags
- ·posters illustrating the 17 sports which will be at the Glasgow Games
- ·fact cards about the sports
- ·fact cards about the Commonwealth countries.
This pack has potential to be used as part of interdisciplinary learning for which the Commonwealth Games are used as a context. The resource presents opportunities for applying learning in numeracy and mathematics and literacy and Gàidhlig.
Stuthan ann an Gàidhlig bho Foghlam Alba airson ‘1 + 2 Approach’.
|Meeting the needs of learners and employers through effective planning, application and admission processes in Scotland’s colleges
Education Scotland, on behalf of the Scottish Funding Council, has published an aspect report on the provision in Scotland’s colleges.
|Curriculum for Excellence|
|CfE and Glow News – February 2014
The latest issue of CfE and Glow News is now available online. CfE and Glow News provides you with information on Curriculum for Excellence and support for practitioners, along with details of forthcoming Glow events.
|Additional support needs|
|Addressing the Needs of All Learners – 29 March, Larbert
Practitioners with responsibility for the delivery of physical education for children and young people with additional support needs are invited to attend this one-day event which focuses on providing positive learning environments for all learners in physical education.
This is a free event and is open to senior management, teachers and support staff from special schools, units and mainstream schools working with young people 3-18 years.
More information and registration details are on the Education Scotland website.
|Scottish Education Awards 2014
Nominations for the 2014 Scottish Education Awards have now closed and the judging process has begun. All finalists will be notified in late March.
Thank you to everyone who submitted a nomination.
- Does the draft Statement cover all the key elements to be considered?
- What are the benefits and opportunities in setting out the ambitious Statement?
- What key priority would you wish to see within an Action Plan for the final Statement?
- How might your organisation play a key role in implementing the final Statement?